To spread the message on Mental Health Awareness Week, the Mental Health Foundation has launched the Take Action, Get Active campaign.
Throughout May you can take part by exercising outside for 30 minutes per day – you can do this in any way you want or feel comfortable, whether that’s walking, jogging, skipping etc.
Or you can get fundraising! Click here to sign up to receive a totally free fundraising kit provided by The Mental Health Foundation.
A little more information…
Spending time with nature can reduce stress, balance your mood and help you feel more positive. It’s important to switch on your senses and really connect with nature – this can be as simple as by noticing nature on a walk or listening to birds.
This challenge is a really great way to get started – incentivising you to get outside!
If I want to participate in the fundraising…
- It’s totally free to take part! Just need to sign up by clicking here.
- Anyone over the age of 16 can take part! if you are under the age of 16, please ask a parent or guardian to get in touch with the Mental Health Foundation at email@example.com
- You can start at any time in May, completing 30 days of exercise from your sign-up day! Please make sure you amend the challenge dates on your fundraising account.
- Remember, it is important to remain safe and follow the most up to date government guidelines when taking part in your challenge.
- Anyone who signs up to fundraise and receives funds will receive digital medals at the end of the challenge!
Some fundraising tips:
- Create you fundraising page.
- Share it on social media and encourage your friends and family to sponsor you.
- Get your donors involved – ask them to challenge you to different activities in exchange for donations!
Please get in touch with the events team at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.